HipChat is built to supercharge collaboration, letting teams get more done where, when, and how they need to. But are your teams getting the most out of their HipChat experience?
Last year Atlassian introduced a number of new, dynamic HipChat features and released a blog with tips about how to make the most of the changes. We’ve highlighted some of them for you:
1. Connect Everything to HipChat
HipChat Connect is a new API for HipChat which allows developers to build fully-functioning, integrated, and business-smart add-ons. For users, this means less bouncing between apps, more collaboration among teams, and quicker decision-making.
Some of the add-ons currently available through HipChat Connect include:
2. Express Yourself with Emoticons
HipChat helps teams get creative – letting them develop their own emoticons using HipChat’s shrink ray. Last year, HipChat increased the limit set on user-created custom emoticons from 100 to 500.
3. Bring Your Teams Closer Together
With the HipChat of old, connecting accounts and navigating between them could be difficult. HipChat has changed that, making it easy to set up and traverse multiple accounts through one platform.
4. Personalize Your HipChat Experience
With the updated HipChat, you can:
- Adjust the theme of your main page, taking it from light to dark mode.
- Set your text density.
- Customize your avatars, even adding an animated gif avatar.
- Display names or mentions.
This helps you feel at home in your HipChat, making you more comfortable and productive.
5. Create Room-Specific Notifications and Settings
Not every room needs to or should look alike. To adapt to shifting priorities and projects, HipChat lets you setup room-specific notifications and even adjust volumes. You can change these settings around whenever you need to, just as projects and priorities evolve.
Need a custom Atlassian Hosting Solution? Start Here. Elasity is the most flexible, secure Atlassian cloud hosting platform in the world – letting you run your Atlassian applications, add-ons, and integrations behind your firewall on AWS.
- Introducing Atlassian’s New Enterprise Releases for Jira Software and Confluence That Deliver Hassle-Free, Enterprise-Grade Performance - March 5, 2018
- Your Look at How Atlassian Does DevOps - December 20, 2017
- Choosing the Right Tools for Your DevOps Journey - November 8, 2017
- The Top 10 Questions About Elasity, the Managed Cloud Platform for Atlassian - February 28, 2017
- Atlassian Announces Atlassian Stack for the Enterprise - December 22, 2016
- Register for Our Upcoming Atlassian Enterprise Day to Learn About Scaling Mission-Critical Atlassian Applications on AWS - November 21, 2016
- Atlassian Data Center Now Supported on AWS with $1,200 in AWS Credits - October 21, 2016
- 5 Benefits of Hosting Atlassian Server Applications on AWS - October 7, 2016
- Pledging for a Cause: As a Member of Pledge 1%, iTMethods Partners with Evergreen to Plant over 200 Trees! - October 4, 2016
- Elasity is a Proud Sponsor of Atlassian’s Summit 2016 - October 3, 2016