Oftentimes, your Atlassian journey will start with a single Server installation that’s easy to run for your small team. Then, your organization begins to grow. Your needs ramp up, and before long you’re struggling to keep pace.
If you’re feeling the crunch and are ready to maximize scalability, availability, and performance, it may be time to consider upgrading to Atlassian Data Center.
Atlassian recently put together an article looking at why organizations choose to make the switch to Data Center versions of the products they use the most including Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Bitbucket. We’ve highlighted three of those reasons here for you and encourage you to read the full article if you would like to learn more.
1. Discover Performance at Scale
Atlassian understands that the larger and more complex the organization, the more complicated processes have likely become. You need ways for your teams to perform better, work faster, and accelerate growth.
Here’s how Data Center makes that possible:
- Smart Mirroring for Bitbucket Data Center enables you to establish active mirror servers operating read-only copies of your repositories in remote locations, all of which will be kept automatically up to date from the primary instance. This drastically reduces the amount of time it takes to clone repositories and helps maintain performance among and between distributed teams.
- For larger organizations, finding time to upgrade instances without impacting users is a challenge. For that reason, Atlassian built zero-downtime upgrades in both Jira Software and Jira Service Desk, as well as read-only upgrades in Confluence.
- Project Archiving, available in Jira Software Data Center makes it possible to archive old projects quickly to stay on top of the clutter and improve performance. To demonstrate this, Atlassian performance tested a Jira Software instance with one million issues. By archiving 50% of projects, Atlassian recorded an 11% improvement in load time for boards and 25% for JQL searches.
To find out more about these solutions, read Atlassian’s full blog.
2. Simplify and Streamline Control
As organizations grow, so too do demands and intricacies around visibility, control, compliance, regulation, and security.
Atlassian runs Data Center internally, which means their teams spend a lot of time thinking about the best and most efficient ways to use the tools. Fortunately, they have consolidated their knowledge and advice in helpful guides that cover topics like:
Click here to browse the additional resources Atlassian has available.
3. Grow with Confidence
Atlassian understands that every organization has its own unique requirements. To make sure your setup aligns with your needs and goals, Atlassian is committed to giving you options that make deployment flexible and customizable.
Some users want to maintain their Data Center instances in-house on their own servers. Others choose an SaaS solution hosted on a public cloud like AWS that makes it possible for them to reduce administrative costs while still retaining complete control and ownership over where their data is located.
Unlock the Power of Data Center with Elasity
Elasity provides a fully managed hosted solution for your Atlassian Data Center applications powered by the AWS Cloud:
- Global Availability and Data Residency Compliance: Unlike virtually any other cloud hosting provider, you can choose from 13+ AWS Global Regions with multiple Availability Zones and data centers. You also retain complete control and ownership over the Region in which your data is physically located, making it easy to meet data residency requirements.
- A Fully Managed Atlassian Data Center Hosting Solution: Let us handle all the technical aspects that come with Data Center and Atlassian hosting. We will proactively update both core applications and plugins, manage your licenses, and monitor performance, guaranteeing maximum security and advanced tuning so your teams can focus on delivering great results.
- Expert Support Whenever and Wherever You Need It: We are a team of certified AWS and Atlassian experts, with years of success delivering outstanding customer experiences. When you need us, just call! We’re ready to provide the support that will enable you to thrive 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Before you start, reach out to Elasity for assistance in configuring the Atlassian Suite. As an Atlassian Solutions Partner, we offer a variety of solutions including Managed Atlassian on AWS (ESS) and Atlassian Administration & Functional Support (AFS) to help best configure, implement, and maintain your Atlassian suite. Contact us to get started today!
- Convincing Your Team It’s Time for Data Center
- Your Look at How Atlassian Does DevOps
- The Top 10 Questions About Elasity, the Managed Cloud Platform for Atlassian
- 3 Reasons You Need Atlassian Data Center - February 26, 2019
- Atlassian’s 5-Step Guide to Creating an Incident Communication Plan - November 14, 2018
- 4 Tips to Maximize DevOps Success While Ensuring Regulatory Compliance - September 5, 2018
- Convincing Your Team It’s Time for Data Center - April 23, 2018
- Introducing Atlassian’s New Enterprise Releases for Jira Software and Confluence That Deliver Hassle-Free, Enterprise-Grade Performance - March 5, 2018
- Your Look at How Atlassian Does DevOps - December 20, 2017
- Choosing the Right Tools for Your DevOps Journey - November 8, 2017
- The Top 10 Questions About Elasity, the Managed Cloud Platform for Atlassian - February 28, 2017
- Atlassian Announces Atlassian Stack for the Enterprise - December 22, 2016
- Register for Our Upcoming Atlassian Enterprise Day to Learn About Scaling Mission-Critical Atlassian Applications on AWS - November 21, 2016