Automation is one of the cornerstones of DevOps, playing a key role in helping organizations automate mundane tasks and eliminate the potential for human error. A successful DevOps transition, however, requires more than simply putting some new processes and procedures in place. It means developing a culture of collaboration and trust, and Confluence is one of the tools that can help you build that.
In a recent blog, Atlassian highlighted six pages across four categories—flow, feedback, experimentation, and team building—that can help teams improve how they communicate and work together. We’ve summarized their points here for you, though if you’d like to read the full article you can do so here.
1. Project Posters
When it gets busy, it becomes all too easy to get bogged down in day-to-day tasks and lose sight of larger objectives. Project posters can help you overcome that by making sure teams can always see:
- Why the project is being undertaken.
- How progress and success will be determined.
- The information you already have, and the questions to which you need answers.
2. Planning Pages
Early on in a project’s lifecycle, your needs may appear to conflict with each other. On the one hand you need clear organization so your goals and objectives can be tracked in a central location, but on the other you must be flexible and adaptable to keep pace with dynamic and evolving needs.
Confluence makes it possible to achieve both in one place by:
- Creating custom roadmaps.
- Sharing statuses and deadlines with all team members.
- Ensuring all tickets and tasks are kept in one spot.
- Adapting to accommodate real-time adjustments.
3. Incident Reviews and Retrospectives
When reviewing incidents, organizations have two goals: determine what happened, and understand what needs to be done to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Post-incident reviews (PIRs) and retrospectives have different, but equally important, roles in this process:
- The purpose of a PIR is to give you an in-depth look at each individual incident.
- Retrospectives, by comparison, serve as reflections of your team’s holistic performance.
Together, PIRs and retrospectives streamline incident-related communication by keeping it structured, focused, and productive.
4. Health Monitors
Atlassian’s health monitors give your teams the opportunity to assess themselves against eight key attributes, identify their areas of strength, and develop a plan to tackle their weak spots.
Like project posters, Atlassian has a Team Playbook for health monitors too. Click here to view it!
5. Definitions, Targets, and Results
As projects progress, your teams need somewhere to define their experiments, discuss targets, and evaluate outcomes—enabling them to make data-driven decisions and work better together.
6. Introduction Blogs
When used effectively, introductory blogs can help to promote positive team interactions. They can make it easier for new members to share information about themselves and start conversations, all things that will strengthen DevOps overall.
Unlock the Power of Atlassian Data Center with Elasity
Elasity provides a fully managed hosted solution for your Atlassian Data Center applications powered by the AWS Cloud:
- Global Availability and Data Residency Compliance: Unlike virtually any other cloud hosting provider, you can choose from 13+ AWS Global Regions with multiple Availability Zones and data centers. You also retain complete control and ownership over the Region in which your data is physically located, making it easy to meet data residency requirements.
- A Fully Managed Atlassian Data Center Hosting Solution: Let us handle all the technical aspects that come with Data Center and Atlassian hosting. We will proactively update both core applications and plugins, manage your licenses, and monitor performance, guaranteeing maximum security and advanced tuning so your teams can focus on delivering great results.
- Expert Support Whenever and Wherever You Need It: We are a team of certified AWS and Atlassian experts, with years of success delivering outstanding customer experiences. When you need us, just call! We’re ready to provide the support that will enable you to thrive 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Before you start, reach out to Elasity for assistance in configuring the Atlassian Suite. As an Atlassian Solutions Partner, we offer a variety of solutions including Managed Atlassian on AWS (ESS) and Atlassian Administration & Functional Support (AFS) to help best configure, implement, and maintain your Atlassian suite. Contact us to get started today!
- Convincing Your Team It’s Time for Data Center
- Your Look at How Atlassian Does DevOps
- The Top 10 Questions About Elasity, the Managed Cloud Platform for Atlassian