Back in May of 2016, Atlassian announced it would be discontinuing its Bamboo Cloud offering on January 31, 2017. Making this move will let Atlassian focus their efforts on creating the best experience for Bitbucket Pipelines, while accelerating feature development and continuing to improve Bamboo Server for larger teams.
But what does this announcement mean for current Bamboo Cloud users? What options should you consider before Bamboo Cloud is discontinued?
We’ve put this piece together to help guide you through the transition and explore the benefits of hosting Atlassian applications like Bamboo on the AWS cloud:
What Does the End-of-Life (EOL) for Bamboo Mean for Current Users?
|License Type||Actions to Take Until January 31, 2017||What to Do After January 31, 2017|
|Evaluation||You’ll be able to continue evaluating Bamboo until its discontinuation.
|You can either test-drive Bamboo Server or purchase a license for it.
|Monthly Subscription||You’ll be able to continue renewing your monthly subscriptions until December 31, 2016.
|On May 23, 2016, you should have received an offer for a free perpetual Bamboo Server license that matches the agent tier of your existing Cloud license. The complementary perpetual Bamboo Server license includes 12 months of support and maintenance.
Keep in mind that this trial and support will expire on May 23, 2017. At that point, you’ll need to buy support for your Bamboo Server license to keep getting software updates, maintenance, and ongoing assistance.
|Annual Subscription||Your Bamboo Cloud instance will continue functioning until your license period is over.||You’ll be able to purchase an annual subscription for Bamboo Server.
Why Should You Consider Hosting Your Atlassian Applications on the AWS Cloud?
For many organizations, the reason they turned to the cloud was so they wouldn’t need to manage their own in-house solutions. By hosting Bamboo on the AWS cloud, you get the best of both worlds – maximum flexibility and access combined with unparalleled security, scalability, and reliability.
The benefits of hosting Atlassian applications on the AWS cloud include:
- Getting support for all Atlassian Server and Data Centre licenses, add-ons, and integrations. You’ll be able to run your Atlassian applications your way, scaling them up or down to meet your needs.
- Simplifying deployment, integration, and support for all your Atlassian applications, including Bamboo.
- Taking advantage of industry-leading security, including optional multi-region disaster recovery (DR), automated backups, and high availability.
- Guaranteeing maximum compliance. The AWS cloud delivers enterprise-grade security and is HIPAA, SOX, PCI, and ISO 27017 compliant.
- Relying on expert support whenever you need it. Atlassian and AWS experts are ready to jump in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Don’t wait until Bamboo discontinues its cloud support on January 31, 2017. Elasity was built with the cloud experience in mind, delivering a truly managed cloud experience while easing the pain of managing your own physical servers. Contact us today to learn how you can enjoy a truly managed cloud hosting experience with Elasity!
- 3 Reasons You Need Atlassian Data Center - February 26, 2019
- Atlassian’s 5-Step Guide to Creating an Incident Communication Plan - November 14, 2018
- 4 Tips to Maximize DevOps Success While Ensuring Regulatory Compliance - September 5, 2018